Tuesday 26 January 2010

he was taking the p1ss

My train pulled in this morning with the lights off, this is no big deal because it starts from Chelmsford...

The train gets to Ingatestone and the lights still werent on, I glanced around and saw a few people with their newspapers on their laps where they werent able to read them. I was ok because I was listening to Mark Kermodes film reviews on my MP3 player ;o).

The train gets to Shenfield and the lights are still off and more people are getting on the dark train, even the platform guard looked on in dismay.

The train then pulls into Stratford (the last station before Liverpool Street), and the driver finally switches on the lights. There was a massive cheer of "finally".

I got off the train and saw some people sitting there working on their laptops, was it really worth switching it on for those few minutes, or were they working on them in the dark?

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Hehe I'm sure they were working on them in the dark (at least if it had a backlight--otherwise they probably wouldn't be able to see...)now you have me wondering. :P

Al said...

You'd think that at some point, somewhere someone getting off the train or a member of platform staff would have let the driver know that their saloon lights were off!

Kelly said...

i thought, by the title, that there was going to be some drunk or vagrant (or a drunk vagrant) taking a p1ss at one point in this story.

i have to say, i am a little disappointed....



NOW I remember when your birthday is. how could i forget. you and Jermaine share the date.

chocolat lover said...

Jessica I think you are right, the laptops do have backlights, it was just soooo dark ;o)

Al I know!

Kelly sorry to disappoint you ;o)

oh yes I remember know about us both having the same day ;o)

Jessica said...

Thanks for your comment, yeah I'm sure the sales lady was about fed up with me. :P

Jessica said...

Yup, 7 degrees F -14 degrees C. I hate WI!!