Sunday 10 January 2010

snow joke

I dont have much to talk about this week, except for the snow!


It has snowed everyday since Tuesday, mainly little flurries, but the snow hasnt had a chance to melt because the temperature hasnt increased enough during the day.


At least I have seen a few snowmen about, the sweetest one being this that I saw at Chelmsford train station on Friday night ;o).



I was reading in Metro one day in the week an article on people panic buying because of the snow. While reading it I thought people were buying cat litter to use for grit in the snow, I thought it sounded like it may be better to use than salt. So cat litter went on my shopping list for when I did the food shopping this morning.


I mentioned this to James, and he said people were probably buying cat litter, because they needed it for their cats! Does he mean to say that they werent buying it instead of salt to sprinkle onto their paths/driveways?


We have now sprinkled some on the driveway outside our garage and have given the local cats a new place to go to the toilet :o( I just know I will get the blame if they do!


Now that Christmas is well and truly over and done with the Easter products are creeping there way into the supermarkets, every day I have been fighting the temptation to buy mini eggs. And when doing the shopping this morning I was even on the look out for a box of creme eggs. I really cant help myself ;o)

7 comments:

Al said...

I have to admit that I have been tempted by Creme Eggs too! Not such a fan of Mini Eggs though.

There are some fair sized gaps in my store at the moment where it seems that people are panic buying despite the fact that, compared to some places, we've not had much snow. We've been low to totally OOS on cat litter over the past few days and there was not a loaf of bread to be found after about 3pm on Saturday.

Aside from the slightly hysterical woman who was literally screaming at one of the managers on Saturday people have been surprisingly good about the low stock levels.

chocolat lover said...

At least she was screaming at a manager!

I dont get why people panic - they could always shop online and get it home delivered if they are that worried.

These are probably the same people who buy up all of the bread before a bank holiday :o(

chocolat lover said...

forgot to ask Al...

...how are you getting on with your new job?

Kelly said...

I love snowmen, of any shape or size :)

I have heard of kitty litter being used to soak up oil leaked from cars...but never to add traction, instead of salt. Who knows, though, you might be onto something!

Mmmmm....candy for Easter ;)

chocolat lover said...

I'll let you know how good it is when it next gets icy ;o)

Al said...

It's going well, thanks. It's also proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that I was the only person who bothered to tidy up the photo lab. The area manager is going to have a fit when he's in next, he was always saying that how pleased he was that we kept it tidy!

chocolat lover said...

Thats always the way...

...one person does all of the work, other people share the credit and then when that person isnt doing it anymore, it "suddenly" doesnt get done!

And you will get the blame too :o)