Wednesday 10 February 2010

fitter than I thought

I work on the third floor, and when I go to get the mail I have to go down to the basement. I always take the stairs in a bid to be healthy...

Our floors arent numbered when you walk up (or down) the stairs so I have to count the toilets (they alternate first floor gents and second floor ladies etc), the signs used to be slightly different on each floor, but now they are all the same! You can walk a few more steps and see what floor you are on in the entrance to the lifts. Or you can walk through to the offices and see what floor you are on by the suite numbers (I have done that before too normally seeing I am on the second floor rather than the third).

Yesterday I went downstairs to the basement to get the mail and on my way back up I was too busy thinking about chocolate to keep an eye as to what floor I was upto...

I saw the gents toilets and thought I must be on the first floor (and I wasnt feeling particularly tired either - which is normally another sign as to which floor I am at), so I walk up another flight of stairs see the ladies toilets and a bloke standing outside on his mobile (cell) phone - I couldnt remember which floor I normally see him on (which would have been another indicator). So I carry on walking up and suddenly I dont recognise what floor I am on, I walk past the lift doors and see that I have walked upto the fifth floor.

I walked up an extra two flights of stairs and felt no more tired than usual...

...I am definitely getting fitter ;o)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Too funny :)

Al said...

I hope you took the lift back to your floor to celebrate!

Jessica said...

*smiles* yay for getting in shape! Too bad I work on the first floor and have no reason to climb the stairs! I had to go to a meeting on the third floor today and I went with some friends who also take the stairs--needless to say three flights up and I was out of breath! I need to get into shape!

chocolat lover said...

thanks ;o)

I took the stairs back ;o)