Sunday 21 February 2010

maybe a reason to buy a nice dress

Me and James have been looking at where to go for our holiday this year, and we have narrowed it down to a cruise. Weve never been cruising before.

Ever since I have lost weight I have been looking for a reason to buy a new small(er) size dress. Perhaps if we do book a cruise then this will be my excuse ;o)

It was great having a short week last week, it was good waking up on Wednesday knowing that it was my Friday!

We went to Lakeside on Thursday, we got there just before 9am so we could go to Starbucks, and the lazy people still hadnt opened up at 9.05 (I feel 5 minutes is a long enough leeway), so we went down to Costa instead. It makes me laugh I went to the trouble of asking for our drinks properly, ie a massimo skinny latte and a massimo skinny gingerbread latte, and the barista told the girl doing the drinks "two large skinny lattes one with gingerbread", whats the point in having fancy names for your drink sizes if the staff arent going to use them?

I have come to the conclusion that I maybe a chocolate snob, as I got some free chocolates from Thorntons, and they werent nearly as nice as the ones I get from the Chocolate Tasting Club. That reminds me my latest box arrived on Friday, I will post some pictures once Ive finished the Thorntons chocolates ;o).

7 comments:

Al said...

I find your Costa story somewhat amusing but not altogether surprising. The "proper" names will all be for image sake and I doubt very many of the staff use them day to day.

A cruise sounds like an interesting alternative to your usual holiday although it's not something that I would be interested in personally. I'd much prefer to visit a city as you have done previously rather than be on a ship for the majority of the time.

chocolat lover said...

the cruise I have chosen would only have 2 actual days at sea, and on the other days they would have ports that we would get off of the ship.

The evenings would be spent on the ship, and would be big enough to have plenty of things to do.

We still havent totally made up our minds though!

Kelly said...

a cruise sounds nice. i would like to take Myles one day ;)

I think it is perfectly acceptable to be a chocolate snob! You can report your findings to all of us with less sophisticated palettes :)

chocolat lover said...

thanks Kelly ;o)

Al said...

Ah, well that wouldn't be too bad then, but I think I'd still be left with the feeling that I hadn't spent long enough in each place. For some reason I always think of cruises as being endless days at sea with only a few stops here and there.

Mrs. Flax said...

I would be disappointed in the lack of "lingo" by the employees. This is one thing I love about Moe's Southwest Grill. They have menu item names like "Joey Bag of Donuts," "Close Talker," and "Power Wagon," among others, and the employees use the names. It's a fun place.

I have never been on a cruise myself, but do love to lounge on teh beach.

chocolat lover said...

Mrs Flax, I will have a look at their menu ;o)

Beach holidays are nice too, but James would get way to bored!