Sunday 14 February 2010

you can tell theres a recession

You can tell that we are in the throws of a recession, by the amount of dine in for £10 type offers that are on offer in the supermarkets!

I think the in slogan is "eating in is the new eating out". If I could be arsed I would pop down to the pub tonight to see if it is jam packed with "loved up couples" going out for a meal for Valentines Day as has been the usual in years gone by.

Even Harvester are now offering soft drink free refills!

Sorry that this is being a pony post...

In other news Im only in work for 3 days this week as we have Thursday & Friday off, not too sure what we are going to do yet...

7 comments:

Al said...

Clearly your dedication to your blog is low otherwise you would be down the pub to find out! Having said that though, I wonder how many people would have went out last night rather than tonight so that they could do so without having to worry about work in the morning.

I have a two day week the week after next!

Kelly said...

thanks for the link...it helps me decipher your slang ;)

chocolat lover said...

Al I think your your right on both points...

...I really should have more dedication ;o)

Kelly me old mucker, the link was put in especially for you ;o)

chocolat lover said...

Al, forgot to ask, upto anything good when your off for a few days?

Anonymous said...

Cheers to the 3 day week.
If only they were all like that ; )

Al said...

No not really, just using up the last few days of annual leave for the year. I did originally have the full week booked back when I only worked 4 days but I had to use a day which reduced it to three. Then I added an extra working day but at least my day off is immediately after so it's 4 off in a row!

chocolat lover said...

Joe, I totally agree...

Al, make sure you do something fun on your "using up your holiday days off" ;o)