Sunday 21 March 2010

I prefer to do my shopping on Sundays

I did the food shopping yesterday as I wouldnt have time to do it this morning...

Blimey it was busy, not Christmas Eve busy, but a Saturday morning busy.  Everywhere I went there was some old person in my way.  I know that (as long as I dont annoy too many people with ageist comments) I will become an old person.

I know that if I make it to retirement then I wont go shopping on Saturdays or in lunchtimes!.  At least working in London you dont get some doddery old git getting in your way ;o)  But you still get slow coaches.

On the plus side there did seem to be a better selection of products, but not so good as to make me want to go on Saturdays.  My sanity wouldnt survive for one thing ;o).

The French market was on in town this weekend (think overpriced products that you can actually buy in the supermarket but paying over the odds because it come with "le" in front).  When did I become so cynical!

But I did buy a pecan and raisin loaf reduced from £3.50 to £3.00 I would probably find that yesterday it was £3.50 reduced from £4.00 (see Im being cynical again!).

4 comments:

Kelly said...

oooh, yuck. I DO NOT like shopping on the weekends, because everyone and their mother is always at the store. I promise. I don't think I would even mind an old person or two, seriously, as long as the rest of the store was empty.

chocolat lover said...

I dont think Supermarkets are EVER empty!

I too wouldnt mind so much if I could just get around without fighting my way through!

Al said...

If you think shopping on a Saturday is bad, you should try working in there! I share your sentiments about old people and lunchtimes though. Every lunchtime there's always at least one who spends a few minutes in the (lenghtly) queue but doesn't bother to get anything ready. They then spend ages hunting around in their bag before pulling out a pile of lottery tickets they want checked and playslips for their next go. They then inevitably have to spend ages finding enough money to pay for it. That complete they then remember they should have got stamps as well and the process repeats. By the time they go your queue is twice the length it was when they got there and if they were lucky enough to get there when there was no queue they hurry themselves even less and you're left with a long queue when they leave!

Er... sorry, started ranting there!

You should do what I do and go early in the morning, about 7:30am. It's fairly quiet then but it does mean you have to get up early.

chocolat lover said...

the good thing about going shopping first thing is that you only get the hard core shoppers.

Perhaps I will do that next time...

...and I dont envy you having to serve the oldies!