Thursday 18 November 2010

advent by post

Last year I bought myself an awesome advent calendar from Hotel Chocolat...

...when we came back from holiday my intention was to go to Lakeside so I could buy my advent calendar, I felt so tired and worn out afterwards that I just couldnt be arsed to!

I casually mentioned to James the other day that I wanted to go to Lakeside to buy the advent calendar, he asked if there was any other way I could get the calendar as its a long way to go just for 1 thing! DOES HE HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF MY LOVE OF CHOCOLATE?!

Anyhow I calmed down after I realised that I could order it online - Im a bit annoyed about having to pay £3.95 for the postage, but as James pointed out the petrol used to get there would probably be that much anyway!

4 comments:

Eileen H said...

Wow, that's an expensive advent calendar and then having to add another £3.95 for postage! As you describe it as awesome it's got to be worth it! My philosophy is, if you want something and can afford it, then have it:)

When my son was younger he used to open all the doors on the 1st of December and eat the lot, wonder if he still does :)

Al said...

It would have totally been worth the journey and you could have tried tempting him with all the Starbucks coffee he could drink to make him take you there.

£3.95 is a lot for postage, but James is probably right, it'll still work out about the same if not cheaper than petrol (and all that Starbucks...).

At least you won't have to worry about it being all melted when it arrives with this weather.

Anonymous said...

My son got the Lego advent calendar. He gets it every year.
http://shop.lego.com/product/?p=7687&CMP=KAC-SAHGOOGLEUS&HQS=lego+advent+calendar
there is the link to see it. I am with James, let them deliver it to you and save the gas money. We do that too.

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - you will have to ask him ;o)

LOL I think Im becoming a chocolate snob because I saw a lady walking from the station last night with a Thorntons carrier bag with a couple of advent calenders inside and I thought to myself "hasnt she heard of Hotel Chocolat?" ;o)

Al - I should have reminded him that he could have another drink in Starbucks - Im sure that would have sealed the deal ;o)

LOL I just hope that it will fit through the letterbox ;o)

Connie - I love the idea of the lego advent calender - especially as your Son doesnt really like candy...