Tuesday 23 November 2010

yipee an extra public holiday next year

I can see our office television out of the corner of my eye...

..I was busily working away (well I do sometimes ;o)) and I saw it flash up in a "breaking news" that a date has been set for Wills & Kates wedding, so I was eagerly watching to see when the date was...

...it is 29th April 2011, so I checked on the diary to see what day it is and its a Friday, I thought the possibility of a day off looks promising ;o)

Then I saw it flash up that it will be a matter for the Scottish parliament if they get a day off, this really grabbed my attention, so I stopped what I was doing with my eyes glued to the screen...

...then it came up that the day will be a public holiday ;o)

I went and got my lunch out from the bottom of the fridge, bought it back to my desk went to get it out of the bag and saw that it has frozen itself!

So I popped over to Pret a Manger and got myself a lentil and bacon soup ;o)



5 comments:

Al said...

Hmmm, an extra public holiday plays havoc with my plans of not working any public holidays since there will be one more holiday than day I can use for them.

I suspect I shall just work it as normal as I'm not remotely interested in the wedding.

Anonymous said...

Did you get all excited when Charles married Camilla? Soup sounds good. Now I am wanting soup.

chocolat lover said...

Al - I doubt that I will be watching it either - I know that James wont ;o)

Connie - there was no excitement at Charles & Camillas wedding - as we didnt get a public holiday.

It still makes me smile that their wedding got postponed by a day because Pope John-Pauls funeral was on the same day ;o)

Eileen H said...

Not too bothered about the royal wedding, but can hardly wait for the end of April :)

Fr1 22nd Good Friday
Sun 24th Easter Sunday
Mon 25th Easter Monday
Fri 29th Royal wedding
Mon 2nd May day Bank Holiday

Shame all next year's calendars have been printed too soon :)

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - I too love that we get a three day week ;o)