Wednesday 3 November 2010

snot fair

I had an e-mail yesterday from my beloved Starbucks, saying that because I love the Christmas drinks so much, they were letting me know (early) that the drinks were out tomorrow (or rather today). and at selected stores you could get a free Christmas tumbler if you were one of the first 20 customers...

...you can imagine how excited I was, I actually looked forward to coming to work today knowing that I could have my first gingerbread latte of the the season ;o)

I get to Liverpool Street Station, and I saw that they still had their A-board saying "our red cups are coming" I thought thats strange and had a peek through their door and couldnt see the red menu boards either. I thought that perhaps they hadnt put them out yet (no matter I have a nearer store to go to).

So I get to Houndsditch poised with my Starbucks card in hand and look in the window and again they didnt have the red menu boards up either - I have a look in the food cabinet and there are no Christmas delights in there either :o(

It then struck me like a thunderbolt, that the Christmas drinks are probably only available at the selected stores :o( And I slunked my way to work...

Damn you Starbucks for toying with my emotions like that!

5 comments:

Al said...

The old "selected stores" get out. It's probably only the flagship stores that have them this early and they'll be rolling it out to the lesser stores in due course.

Either that or you got the dates mixed up!

Eileen H said...

I love Starbucks coffee but it's a rare treat for me "stuck here" with not a Starbucks for miles :(

How dare they taunt you like that!
You should complain and maybe they will offer you a freebie gingerbread latte anyway.

chocolat lover said...

Al - James went to the one in Chelmsford (one of the selected branches) yesterday lunchtime and the manager said that the free cups were gone within 5 minutes of opening as there was a queue of punters outside waiting for their gingerbready goodness ;o)

Eileen - they are out properly now - so am sitting here sipping it...

sorry to taunt you myself - no Starbucks for miles I would consider moving! ;o)

Kelly said...

loving your titles lately ;)

since when do they do that? select stores carrying drinks? starbucks is on my bad side these days

chocolat lover said...

Kelly - I dont get it either!

Why are they on your bad side?