Thursday 18 January 2018

maths and reading

Yesterday I helped out in Evies class again...

Before Miss B had even taken the register S was sick so she had to be taken to the school office with all of her stuff so her Mum could come and pick her up.

I had to file away some bits of work from Tuesday - it was special church items - I had a look at Evies one again and she drew a cross, a crucifix, a bible and a candle.

I also did some reading with 2 of the children I was supposed to do 3 but didnt have time in the end.

Then after playtime it was maths, and while the children were sitting on the floor with their whiteboards (writing down the answers) I was sharpening pencils, amd I glued some worksheets into some of the maths books.

Then the kids had to do their worksheets and I was asked to help S do her one, so we went through the sums together to work out the answers.

It was then time for me to go home, Evie got upset saying that she would miss me.

I told her to think of something funny that I do and that cheered her up so that was good.

4 comments:

Eileen H said...

It sounds really good that you help in class like this, just a shame that Evie doesn't want you to go though.

chocolat lover said...

Im sure she will get used to me just staying until lunchtime :)

The Captain said...

My wife used to read with the kids back when ours were in primary school. She used to find it very rewarding.

chocolat lover said...

its good being able to see what they get upto in class :)