Thursday 11 January 2018

trees and favourite things

After saying that she didnt want me to stay with her at school yesterday morning Evie was skipping to school so must have been happy :)

After watching her walk across the playground to her classroom I went to the school office to sign in and collect my "visitor" badge.

I then went to the classroom.

The first thing I did was check that the kids whose day it was to change books had read their books twice (and most of them had).

I then had to file away some work that the kids had written about their favourite things...

...when I got to Evies I read hers and she said "I have a bunee and a tin and if I lost them I would be sad", I asked her after if anyone helped her with her writing and she said that she did it all by herself :)

The kids then had to write a story about The Lighthouse Keepers Catastrophe and when they had done an acceptable amount they could them come over to where I was sitting...

...I had to help them draw a silhouette of half a tree with branches (on black paper with a white pencil) and then help them cut it out.

After morning break time the kids did number bonds and the kids who had finished their maths could then do their tree.

In total I ended up doing that with 6 kids (Evie said that she had done her one in the afternoon without branches) one kid Z cut off his branches and when I asked him if he wanted to do it again he said no and as it was close to lunchtime I didnt push it.

Evie was a bit upset after morning break and when I was leaving and she said that it was because she missed James.

Evie even got a hug from a dinnerlady  mid day assistant that I thought was nice :)

I kissed Evie goodbye signed out and then headed home.

when I picked her up at home time she said that she liked me being there and I dont have to wear my pretend invisible bag next time so thats good :)

I had a really good time adn am looking forward to doing it again next week :)

3 comments:

Jules said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your morning and it's good to know you can go in cardboard free another time. X

Eileen H said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your morning and Evie was OK with your being there after all :)

chocolat lover said...

it was really enjoyable and its good to see what she gets upto too :)