Thursday 21 April 2011

carrot cake

Me and James were watching Britains Best Dish the other day (I know that it is Eileens favourite show too),and they had a bloke on who was doing a trio of carrot desserts.

James said to me is there anywhere where I could get a decent carrot cake apart from Marks & Spencer...

...so I had a thought and said that perhaps Konditor & Cook might...

With it being the start of the Easter holidays tomorrow I asked James if there was anything nice that he would like me to get for him...

...unsurprisingly he said carrot cake and (not being sure if Konditor & Cook sells carrot cake) I asked what he would like if they didnt sell it and he said a krispy kreme donut, then he said to me are you going to get yourself anything and I said yes a slice of black ginger cake.

So this morning I went into Konditor & Cook and had a look at their cakes and couldnt immediately see any carrot cake, so I asked the lady behind the counter and she said that yes they do do carrot cake (it has crushed hazelnuts in it), she said that she would have to get the cake sliced first if I could wait a couple of minutes.  LOL at least he knows that it is fresh ;o)

So I managed to get him that and I treated myself to a fudge packer brownie ;o)

7 comments:

Eileen H said...

I have to admit I've never tried carrot cake. I've suggested it to Martyn (hubby) a few times but he doesn't fancy trying it.
Now ginger cake I love :) In fact anything with ginger in it I love, that even goes for smellies :)
That young man deserved to go through as that trio were his own invention. The rice pudding was certainly different. Fingers crossed for him in the next round.

I hope you both enjoy your Easter treats.

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - have you tried the ginger cinnamon and cardamon tea that Whittards do?

I reckon that he will go through, it is certainly unusual enough ;o)

Eileen H said...

Sounds nice, but no decent shops here I'm afraid :(

Al said...

I do love me some carrot cake, but it is very difficult to get decent stuff unless you have a proper cake shop a la K&C nearby, which we most certainly don't.

That being said, I'm surprised you're still going to K&C as they no longer put their board out in the mornings. I mean, just who do they think they are? :)

Kelly said...

You're so sweet to James ;)

When I was pregnant, my boss would bring in the cheapest carrot cake from the worst place ever almost every friday and I would eat as much of it as I could. :D

Connie T. said...

A place over here has great cake is Claim Jumper. If you ever see one you must try their cake. The cake you got James sounds wonderful.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jleighb/3311344379/

chocolat lover said...

Al - I did think of boycotting them for that reason...

Kelly - LOL I would have done too ;o)

Connie - Im salivating ;o)