Sunday 3 July 2011

being spotted in Tesco

I had just finished having an afternoon nap yesterday afternoon, and James said to me "come on lets go to the big Tesco" So off we went to the Tesco on Princes Road.

While we were in there we had a look at the toys to see if James could find anything that he could play with, as usual there was nothing there that he deemed cheap enough. I think that he is always secretly hoping to find some HM Armed Forces Night Vision Binoculars marked down to 50p!

I had a look at the clothes to get some pyjamas, I ended up getting a 2XL t-shirt and some bottoms.

Next we hit the cereal aisle...

...I was quite proud of James as he managed to limit himself to just ten boxes as opposed to the fifteen boxes that he bought this morning.

We eventually got to the tills (by way of looking for peanut crackers and rice crackers) and the poor cashier was scanning our purchases and someone comes upto me and says "I should take your photograph" I looked up and it is Andycity63 one of my Flickr contacts.

Blimey O'Reilly it was a good job that I didnt look my normal scruffy self and thank goodness that I had just had my hair done that morning (so didnt posses my normal "witches hair").

Thanks Andy for not saying anything about the large amount of cereal ;o)

LOL it goes to show that if you have internet contacts who live near you then you are bound to bump into them...

...its a small world and an even smaller internet ;o)

3 comments:

Al said...

I bet that was a surprise!

One of my Flickr contacts regularly shops in my store so we bump into each other quite often. There's also one woman who seems to know me from somewhere but I've yet to work out where and she hasn't enlightened me.

I'm going to ask the question that everyone has been waiting for the answer to: were the boxes of cereal all the same or different? :)

The Captain said...

I have a few mates on Twitter that live near me but I have never bumped into any of them.

I do all the social media for our team at work and once had a Land Rover pull up at the side of me and asked me if I was the guy on Twitter.


...and yeah, what's with James and the cereal?

chocolat lover said...

Al - it was...

...the cereal was all different!

Kirt wowzers - its better than someone asking for directions ;o)

Yes James loves his cereal...

;o)