Wednesday 4 January 2012

registrating

In England & Wales you get 42 days to register your babies birth.

So I rang up yesterday to book an appointment, luckily I managed to get an appointment for today.

I had to confirm my name & Evies date of birth, and place of birth, then we had to confirm our full names, occupations, address and our places of birth.  The short birth certificate was free but a full one (which they prefer to have if you apply for a passport) is £3.50!

Evie was mainly well behaved but was starting to get hungry towards the end and was letting everyone know that she was getting hungry.  LOL the registrar had to talk over her noises (but I am sure that she has had some very noisy babies to contend with) ;o).

I also went and registered her with my doctors too, and booked my postnatal checkup and Evies 8 week check up.

5 comments:

Eileen H said...

I bought the long certificates for my two children too and we gave them to them when they were older.
In my job, when I took on new staff, the Company would only accept the long certificate as proof of right to work in the UK.

I'm sure that the only people who get annoyed with babies crying are ones who haven't had any themselves. Don't worry about it.

Al said...

So Evie is now officially a British citizen. I didn't realise you got quite so long as that to register the birth, I would have assumed it would be about half that. Good for procrastinators though I guess!

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - Im pretty sure that my Mum didnt buy the long birth certificates for me or my brother (or even if they were available back then), Im guessing that she must have done for the younger ones.

James always used to moan about crying babies (even when I was pregnant) and I would tell him that that would be us soon.

LOL I will have to see if he still moans next time ;o)

Al - yes she is officially official now ;o)

I think in Scotland it is only half the time though!

Al said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Al said...

It is, just 21 days up there. That's probably where my assumption came from.