Friday 3 February 2012

RIP Emma

My best friend who I have known since we were 13 passed away on Wednesday afternoon after losing her battle with cancer :o(

She was diagnosed with breast cancer only in October last year, but when they ran their tests it soon became clear that she also had cancer in her bones too (her Grandad died of that).

Just thinking about Emma has me in tears :o(

Emma was so excited when I told her that I was expecting Evie ;o) I had e-mailed my friends a couple of weeks before my official announcement so as not to overshadow my other friends birthday.

Anyhow she e-mailed me straight back asking for all of the details ;o)

My one regret is is that Emma never got to meet Evie as she was in hospital and they wouldnt allow babies to come visiting (because of the infection risk) and by the time that Emma was back home she was then too ill to have visitors.  At least she got to see the photos of her ;o)


Emma is the one with dark hair sitting on the far right hand side.

She was only 42 :o(

I always thought that the four of us would grow old together.

4 comments:

Eileen H said...

I'm so sorry to hear the news of the loss of your friend Emma. 42 is no age at all, so very, very sad.
Even though she didn't get to meet Evie, she shared your wonderful news and saw photos of her. She would have been so very happy for you.

Thinking about you at this sad time.

chocolat lover said...

Thanks Eileen...

Kelly said...

Oh, Amber, I'm so sorry. Just reading this made me sad for you. Life has so many sad things. I'm sorry you lost your best friend. I know you will keep her memory alive by telling Evie all sorts of stories, though....kids love stories :)

chocolat lover said...

thanks Kelly...

...I will be telling her all about Emma & the stuff we got upto ;o)