Thursday 20 June 2013

I got benefitted

we went into Debenhams yesterday to buy my friend a gift card for her birthday...

...I made sure that I remembered where the automatic doors were and retraced my route back.

We were just walking past the Benefit counter and a lady jumped out and asked if I wanted to try their foundation and I said "no thanks"...

...she then said that "it will only take a couple of minutes and that you really need it!"

I thought to myself "do I look that bad that I can really need foundation"

As I had time I gave in...

...she put on moisturiser, foundation and powder all extortionately priced I may add.

The lady is a Mum herself and kept on saying about how important it is to have some me time.

She asked me what I look for in my foundation and I told her that "I dont wear any" and she said to me "you will do after this!"

After she made me look "wonderful" she asked me "what would you like to purchase" and I said that "I would probably come back in another day to buy the stuff".

hee hee we met up with James and he didnt even notice the difference!

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Good for you having a makeover for free. Did it make you feel good?
Don't worry about James not noticing I have the same problem here. I swap and change my glasses, Martyn doesn't notice, have my hair cut, he doesn't notice.I could chop off my nose and he wouldn't notice!
I don't wear make up either I think you should let your skin breathe.
What's wrong with being comfortable in your own skin anyway!
You've saved yourself a fortune :-)

chocolat lover said...

the people I worked with never used to notice my hair either...