Tuesday 10 May 2016

she wanted to walk

The pre school that I take Evie to is just over 1 mile away from where we live, so I usually push her in the buggy (both ways).

On Wednesday 5 minutes before we were due to leave Evie told me that she wanted to walk...

...so I told her that we didnt have time to do it but we would do it on Friday (if she still wanted to).

So on Friday when she woke up I asked her if she still wanted to walk to pre school and she said yes.

LOL at every opportunity (if she starting dawdling) I would say to her to hurry up if she still wanted to walk.

She even finished her breakfast early and even got dressed relatively quickly.

Then 15 minutes before we normally leave we left the house and we walked all the way there :)

We even got there before they had opened the doors so tomorrow we will leave here 10 minutes earlier instead :)

I still bought the buggy with me for the walk home as a full day is pretty tiring for her.

3 comments:

Eileen H said...

She's doing really well!

Might be a better idea for her to walk home and then it wouldn't matter so much if she dawdles :)

The Captain said...

It's refreshing to hear of a parent who isn't phased by a walk to school. It always makes my blood boil to see kids being driven 200 yards to the gates. Well done to you both.

I do miss the walk with my kids, sadly those times have gone now.

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - we may include walking home too but its a tiring day for her and we go to the supermarket when James gets home from work on Wednesdays anyway.

Kirt - the parking situations are really bad around the schools as it is and walking is a lot healthier too :)