Friday 7 October 2016

error of the human kind

When I got my eyes tested I was told that my glasses would be ready in about 2 weeks...

...so on Monday I rang the opticians and were told that one pair was in and the other pair would be in later in the week, amd that they would call me when they were in.

Yesterday I still hadnt got a call so I rang them, I spoke to B and she told me that my distance glasses were in but my reading glasses still werent in and she looked at the date that they were ordered and said that she would chase them up for me, and she would call me back at some point.

I finally got a phone call and was told that it wasnt good news...

...my lenses hadnt passed quality control due to human error (by the people who do the lenses) and that it would be another 2 weeks before my reading glasses are ready!  till she did say that she was sorry.

Im going to go into town today as I want to pick up my glasses and I dont really want to have to wait another 2 weeks before getting them.

Today Evie's school has a second hand bookstall so I have put 50p in her bookbag, it will be interesting to see what book she chooses :)

We also have a parents evening coming up in a few weeks and the school doesnt trust us to do it electronically and we have to fill out a form with our first, second and third choices of time slots.

Also we cant both go as we cant take Evie with us which is a shame.

3 comments:

The Captain said...

When we used to go to primary school parents evenings they had a little play area set up so both parents could talk to the teacher.

Eileen H said...

I agree with The Captain, there should be somewhere for the children to be looked after so both parents can speak to the teacher.

That's a long wait for your new reading glasses.

chocolat lover said...

I thought that schools now allowed (even encouraged) the children to attend the parents evenings but our one doesnt.