Friday 20 October 2017

y1 parents evening cords and jumping

Yesterday I had Evies first year 1 parents evening.

There was table in front of the teacher with folders on and the timetable in order that parents can look at the English and Maths books first for 10 minutes.

She said that Evies letter formation isnt very good...

she doesnt start writing at the top of the page (she teds to start in the middle)

she doesnt follow instructions too easily

she is unco-ordinated (and wants me to get her to practice jumping jacks with her)

She isnt very good with numbers of objects..

There was a positive too that she is a sweet girl :)

I thin went to her classroom to look at her other books...

...it was quite funny seeing the comments that her teacher was writing in the books.

The funniest one was a maths thing she was doing and she had to put in certain numbers (7+3) that added to 10, Evie decided to use different numbers, (I cant even remember if the numbers she used added to 10 anyway) but the teacher wrote that she was supposed to use the numbers that they wanted her to use :).

When I went for my interview (the job that I got) I asked what the dress code was and the guy said smart/casual, so yesterday after I went in to fill out a whole load of paperwork (I still have the handbook to read) I treated myself to some grey cords.

And as its the first day of the half term holiday Im taking Evie to a trampoline place (there were only 3 places left for the 12pm time slot) I really wanted 11am but they were already sold out, I have booked online and we will have lunch in the cafe upstairs after :).

3 comments:

Jules said...

I'm bracing myself for parents evening. 😃 It would be nice if they spent longer focussing on the positives. They all shine in their own way.
Enjoy the break. It's Lily's last day today. X

Eileen H said...

Jules is right they should focus on what Evie does well, she's trying very hard bless her. I hope Evie has a fun time on the trampolines and you enjoy the half term break with her too :)

chocolat lover said...

I suppose teachers dont think that they are doing their jobs properly if they dont bring up the negatives as well as the positives...

...not all kids can be perfect at everything (and why should they have to be at this age).