Sunday 6 June 2010

becoming an old fart

I went to the cinema yesterday afternoon to see SATC 2 and we were sitting there waiting for the film to start, and I turned to my mate and said "does it have to be this loud!" and my mate laughed "you really are getting old" ;o).  I wouldnt have minded so much but she is six months older than me!.

A few weeks ago one of our hard drives died, and James decided to signup to Carbonite, following a recommendation from Al (thanks Al ;o)), I never realised we had so many photos to backup as it took three whole weeks (with the pc being on solidly on - dont worry the screen was turned off), I guess most of the photos being backed up were James' "Special (Amber must never look at or the chocolates will disappear) interest photos", not wanting my chocolates to disappear I wasnt going to chance it...

Talking of chocolates (yes I know I bought it up) my latest tasting box turned up on Wednesday, I opened them up with excited interpretation (I usually do as I am never sure what goodies will be contained within) and was distraught (Im not exaggerating either) because half of the chocolates were melted :o(.


Thursday morning (through the sobs - again no exaggeration) I rang the tasting club hotline and explained to them that half of the chocolates were melted, and the kind lady said that she will order me a replacement box - as I shouldnt have to pay for chocolates that arent in perfect condition.  She told me to throw the chocolates away if they were inedible.  Inedible is a very subjective word as even the melted chocolates can be enjoyed ;o).

5 comments:

Al said...

Ah yes, Carbonite. It does take ages to do the initial back-up when you have a lot of stuff but it's totally worth it if only for the piece of mind it provides. Of course it doesn't help when there are er... special interest pictures included.

It is true though, when you start complaining about things being too loud then you are getting old. Take comfort, however, in the fact that you're not truly old until nothing is quite loud enough!

chocolat lover said...

PARDON DID YOU SAY SOMETHING ;o)

Kelly said...

I am just thrilled that chocolate is not really very easily ruined :)

And, its better to be 'becoming an old fart' than to already be one.

I like what Al said, though, he makes a lot of sense sometimes (about the your not truly old until nothing is quite loud enough).

I cannot wait until I am old enough to blame my ailments on my age!

Al said...

Only sometimes? :-(

chocolat lover said...

thanks Kelly ;o)