Wednesday 30 June 2010

The Christmas shop hasnt even opened yet...

Me & James were chatting yesterday about what time to take off in December - neither of us work in retail so we might as well take some time off as we can.


So we have booked off some time slap bang in the middle of December, the next question is what shall we do?


Back in May I wanted to have afternoon tea in The Ritz, but when I tried to book it up in January there were no places left!  So I thought to myself lets see if I can book a festive afternoon tea at The Ritz for this year.  I was half expecting there to be loads of places left (what with it still being June and all), would you believe that there were only a few places left!  So instead of asking James first (which is what I would have done) I booked it sharpish, as I just know that we wouldnt have got in had I have left it!


I am still in shock that festive afternoon tea at The Ritz will be fully booked before the Christmas Shop has even opened in Harrods!

4 comments:

Al said...

That first paragraph was designed to hurt me, wasn't it. Never mind, I have a wedding to go to on 12/12 so I will get some time off, even if only a couple of days!

You need to be booking early these days, ideally around December 26th!

Kelly said...

Al is probably right, about booking a year in advance...or something insane like that.

Have you told James your plans yet?

That is nice, not working in retail. I worked in retail for several Christmases. Its an experience, that is for sure.

oh, and I'm going to start replying to my comments again...well, trying to, so you can come back by and I have an answer to your question (hoping it wasnt rhetorical) :)

chocolat lover said...

Al - my intention is never to hurt anyone (ok maybe there are some people that I would like to hurt ;o)).

Booking up a year in advance sounds like a plan...

Kelly, I have told James what I have booked - I told him that I could cancel it if he didnt want to do it (so he cant whinge nearer the time - it doesnt ever stop him but it makes me feel better!).

My question wasnt rhetorical

Al said...

Just beat James round the head with something, that's sure to keep him quiet for a little while! :-)