Sunday 20 June 2010

was off sick on Friday

Wednesday saw my Mum & Marco get married (they came over from Holland so they could get married in the UK), they are also having a blessing at their church in Holland when they return.

I think that I have been watching too many soaps on tv (as the lack of a fight afterwards un-nerved me a bit) ;o).

Seriously congratulations Mum & Marco ;o)

I got home on Wednesday night and started to feel grotty, and sure enough by Thursday morning I had a streaming cold, I managed to struggle into work on the Thursday but made sure that I was dieing in the noisiest way possible ;o).

On Friday I didnt go in as I was still feeling horrible.

Yesterday was another 40th birthday do...

...we went to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert although the birthday girl didnt go (which was a real shame) as her husband is having some health issues and is having an operation on her actual birthday :o(.

The show was really good and we had great seats, although I did spend a lot of time blowing my nose and trying not to have a coughing fit (with the help of some strepsils and a bottle of tropicana mango & orange juice).

Last week I went to get some sausages from the sausage lady (I know its not a very imaginative name ;o)), and shock horror they had sold out of my favourites, someone had bought out their entire supplies on the Friday! So I went to them yesterday and again I couldnt see the sausages that I wanted and was just deciding what to get instead, when her husband told me that they had saved some aside for me (I wouldnt get this sort of service in the supermarket) ;o).

3 comments:

Al said...

You'd get that sort of service in my supermarket providing you came to see me of course! I can't make any promises otherwise though...

There's a woman at work who has been to see that show so many times she must be able to recite it word for word by now. Shame your friend couldn't ne there though.

Hope you're back to 100% soon.

Kelly said...

Get well soon, no one wants you moping around and being of no use! ;)

Glad you were well enough for the wedding, at least!

chocolat lover said...

Al - thats good to know if I am ever your way ;o)

Kelly - you are too kind ;o)