Monday 21 June 2010

he wasnt a happy train driver

I got to Chelmsford train station this morning and I could see that the platform was busier than normal (not the "have to shut the platform" busy that it would have been an hour later), I looked at the train times board and it said that all the trains were delayed because of an earlier trespass incident ;o(.

I got upto the platform and there was an announcement that the next train towards London Liverpool Street would terminate at Shenfield (oh great!).

So I got on the train and managed to get a seat and the train is just about to stop at Shenfield and the train driver says "I have just been told that because we are running an hour and 20 minutes late we have to terminate the train at Shenfield this has nothing to do with me I am just the train driver", he is clearly not a happy bunny...

...and the elephants have gone too :o(

4 comments:

Al said...

He's probably fed up with irate passengers having a go at him for being late/terminating before the usual station.

Or maybe he was just in a bad mood!

Kelly said...

All these train adventures...Myles would have a field day in your part of the world; grumpy train folks or not!

chocolat lover said...

Al - it wouldnt surprise me as we have to walk past his cabin at the front.

I think it would have put me in a bad mood too especially as it was so early in his shioft too!

Kelly - you will have to take Myles on the train Im sure he would love it ;o)

Al said...

Just not this one though...