Sunday 13 June 2010

being ecological

I went upto London yesterday to do some more elephants, I was at one point fairly near Pall Mall and there were a huge crowd of people just hanging around and a huge Police presence, I didnt have a clue what this was for until I came home and saw in the tv guide that it was Trouping of the Colour, we got the flyby here too (although I missed it!).

I knew that there were a few elephants in Selfridges, and not wishing to traipse allover the store looking for the elephants, I went to the information desk to ask where the elephants were located, they are obviously used to loonies like me asking because they had a supply of store guides with an x in pink highlighter pen showing where the elephants were on each floor ;o). Incidentally there were a couple of women at the information desk buying gift vouchers (for a posh friend no doubt) who turned to the other person on the desk and asked "theyre not real elephants are they?" FFS. It wouldnt surprise me if this woman would buy the I cant believe its not butter knockoff What not butter being sold in Poundland!

So off I went with my store guide in hand...

...I was on the fourth floor and a salesman asked me if I was looking for anything in particular and I said "yes, the elephant" ;o), and he pointed me in the right direction. I should be pleased that he didnt take one look at me in my jeans and hooded fleece and mention that Primark is over the road towards "the huge white arch".

I had finally photographed the last elephant on the lower ground floor (why cant they just call it the basement?) and I saw a lady photographing it also, so I asked her if she had the store guide showing where the other elephants were? She said no so I offered her my one so she could do the others (saving a tree or at least a twig in the process ;o)).

I then went over (after having some lunch as my tummy thought that my throat had been cut) to Hyde Park, as I knew that there were some elephants lurking there, I found the ones by Speakers Corner but I couldnt find the ones by the Serpentine ;o(. I never realised that Hyde Park was so big!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

sounds like an adventure :)

what does FFS mean?

it was nice of you to share your map...I bet that woman is not as serious about elephant hunting as you are, but now she is on the right track!!!

Al said...

If you want to do any more of them you'll have to be quick. They're due to be taken off the streets before the end of the month, the end of next week I think, so that they can be touched up before being auctioned off. At least you know that the one you're getting for your garden will be in top condition!

chocolat lover said...

Kelly it was I was sooooo tired when I got home Saturday afternoon ;o)

Al I may be able to catch a few more if I can be bothered ;o)