Thursday 15 March 2012

putting the IT in sh1t

I took Evie to the doctors surgery yesterday to be weighed before she had her jabs...

...incidentally she is now 10lbs 7 oz

Our doctors surgery has a touchscreen on the wall so that you can check yourself in (and you can get a seat before the old people who inevitably give their lifestories to the receptionist has even told her yet that she is Mrs Brown)...

So I picked up my number (they have abox on the side with laminated number in) to be seen by the health visitor and Evies name comes on the dot matrix thingy but she hasnt been seen yet.

So I took her over with me to tell the receptionist that Evie hasnt been weighed yet and she says to me "cant she have her jabs first?" er have you tried undressing a crying crothchety baby?  I didnt say this to her but I did say that I was told by the health visitor to get her weighed first.  So the receptionist then said for me to tell them once she had been weighed.

So Evie has finally been weighed and she had her jabs and she did cry a bit wen she was getting them, and I gave her some Calpol as she was very whingy and by the time we got home she was back to being her normal self.

We then gave her some more just before I gave her her final feed for the night at 10.30 pm.

When I fed Evie earlier this morning she was back to smiling at me so she is none the worse ;o)

Last night James was plugging in a hard drive and the pc laptop wouldnt recognise it...

...James in actually in IT (so always illiterates this if I ever try to help with IT problems).

this is how the conversation went...

Me: "is the hard drive plugged in?"

James: "Yes"

Me: "is it switched on?"

James: "Yes"

James "the laptop is completely screwed up (he didnt use the word screwed by the way) it says that its a USB keyboard"

Me: "Oh perhaps you should try rebooting it"

James: "I dont believe it I had the keyboard plugged in!" 

James "Oh yes it recognises it now"

Funny that ;o)

Now if that had been me doing it he would have had a go at me saying that I should be more careful etc...

5 comments:

Eileen H said...

Evie is doing really well, bless her:-)

...and men think they know best...but women know better :-)

Al said...

As I fairly recently spent a not inconsiderable amount of time fiddling with cables (and swearing) when I couldn't get a signal to my monitor only to discover that I hadn't actually turned the computer on yet, I'm not saying a word...

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - its to do with the fact (as Al demonstrated) that we look at the obvious first ;o)

Al - its annoying when that happens...

Al said...

Certainly is, but I would just like to point out that it's not my fault I'm a bit thick. It's all down to something or other that isn't me.

Or something like that anyway!

chocolat lover said...

Al - none of us are thick - its just that our brains work differently ;o)