Sunday 25 March 2012

Does this mean that I live in London too?

We were watching Air Crash Investigation the other day and apparently Stansted Airport is on the north east fringes of London!  We are 18 miles from Stansted so does this mean that by using the same reasoning that I live in London too?

I saw the other day that the government are thinking of relaxing the Sunday trading laws
while the Olympic Games are on ;o)  At least something useful will come out of them ;o)

One of the NCT mums mentioned that our cinema is showing films that you can take your baby along to on Wednesday mornings so I wont feel bad if Evie starts crying or such as there will be fellow Mummies in there too.  I had heard that cinemas were doing this but didnt realise that they were doing this at our one.

And afterwards I can take Evie to get weighed as the doctors surgery is nearby too.

2 comments:

Al said...

I suspect that's mainly down to the way they call any airport vaguely near London a London airport, like London Stanstead, London Gatwick (the latter being some 30 miles away from London). It would be perfectly reasonable for someone not entirely aware of the distances involved to assume that these airports were part of Greater London.

chocolat lover said...

then theres London Southend which is way stretching anyones imagination with the London boundaries!

I would be furious if I flew into Southend and found how far away from London I was!