Thursday 12 April 2012

3 injections

Yesterday afternoon I took Evie to the doctors for her 16 week jabs...

...I left telling them that we were there until after Evie had been weighed, LOL the receptonist remembered me from last time and asked if she had been weighed yet ;o)  She is now 11lbs 10.5 ounces (Evie not the receptionist ;o)).

We then get called in to get her jabs and the nurse said "it cant be a month already!"  We must really cause a commotion or something when we go in for us to be remembered like this ;o).

She had her jabs and cried (not surprisingly) and was soon ok again after I gave her a cuddle.

We then went for a coffee and as she was grizzly I gave her some Calpol and she fell asleep on me ;o)

We then went home and I gave her her feed and she took it ok.

Come 6.30pm she was crying for 20 solid minutes and eventually fell asleep and I eventually fed her at 8.30 while still sleeping - we then gave her some more Calpol and she consequently bought up a whole load of milk through her mouth & nose (this is quite a regular occurrence!).  I then changed her clothes and nappy and gave her the rest of her feed and the remining Calpol.

Evie then went off to sleep but was moaning a lot and I was awake for quite a lot of the night as I was worried about her...

...typically just as I fell asleep she then woke up for a feed.

Evie is now sitting in her bouncy chair gurgling quite happily ;o)

4 comments:

Eileen H said...

Being remembered at the doctors reminds me of when I went to the parents evening at the High School just before my youngest started there. I had one teacher say "Oh no not another......(insert surname) :-)

Poor Evie...she does not like her jabs!

chocolat lover said...

That is so funny...

...did you tell the older one what the teacher had said? ;o)

Eileen H said...

Oh yes I certainly did :-)

Connie T. said...

I always feel bad when they have to get shots. It never ends. My son is 14 and I had to get him 2 more shots last Monday. It made him feel bad all day. He still has 2 more to go.