Tuesday 17 September 2013

more of day two and day three

I cant believe that I forgot to mention that we went to the Roman Baths!

We went there after we had our lunch,

Because of all of the stairs we had to leave Evies buggy at the back of the entrance room (where you buy the tickets) they provided carriers to carry babies on your back, we let Evie walk about ;o)

They also provided an audio tour Evie grabbed hold of James one and wouldn't let him listen to it (I did offer him to use my one but he didnt want to listen to it).

The audio tour was one where every exhibit has a number and you key in that number to listen to the commentary.

On the way around Evie was making so much noise that we decided to hurry through so I had given up listening about half way through!

At the end of the tour we did get to sample some of the it was hot and I had two cups of it ;o)  Some people were filling up drinking water bottles (I wish that I had thought to do that) ;o)

Day three was more of a relaxing day and we did some shopping...

We decided to take Evie to the park for a run around (there was one at the bottom of the street where we were staying) unfortuntely Evie got stung by some stinging nettles, we or rather James managed to calm her down by rubbing some sudocrem on her hand and then some alcohol gel to cool the sting down.

We went to Garfunkels for lunch and James Mum & Dad came to join us too.

They bought her a toy giraffe which she absolutely loves playing with...

When I was still working I used to love going into Molton Brown and I ended up treating myself to this - I joked with the saleswoman that I was only allowed to look NOT buy and she was saying that she should give me a large bag that I could heave out ;o)

We also saw a Hawkins Bazaar (we thought that they had gone out of business) it was ever so noisy in there so I let James have a look in there first while I waited outside with Evie who was asleep I told him to look for some water drums (I had seen them in the one in Chelmsford way before Evie was on the scene).  He came out and said that he couldnt see any and that I should go in myself, the salesman in there even managed to talk me into buying this too (so I have put it away for Evie to play with when she is a bit older).

off now to do Evies breakfast - so watch out for the next installment ;o)

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

I was wondering if you went to the Roman Baths. I had to laugh that Evie claimed the audio tour, she is going to be very knowledgeable :-)
Poor Evie getting nettle stings, they hurt!
There is a Molton Brown and Hawkins Bazaar in Chester. Martyn thinks Hawkins almost went out of business!
We like it in there. Have to say you're very brave buying water drums and a trumpet. I remember when our son had a noisy push around lawnmower, drove us bats with it :-)

chocolat lover said...

Talking of noisy toys, when I was little I had a chatterbox phone and my Mum put a tiny bit on cardboard in to stop it from "chattering"!

Our neighbour bought one for Evie but she hasnt got to grips yet with pulling it along...