Monday 16 September 2013

week one days one and two

We set off two weeks ago just before 9 am and luckily Evie fell asleep as soon as we got going...

...we had several stops (mostly comfort breaks) and Evie doesnt like being strapped in for too long either.

We had decided to rent an appartment so Evie could have more room to run about...

...when we were about an hour outside of Bath I phoned the owner (as requested) so that she could greet us when we arrived ;o)

After James gad heaved all of our luggage up the stairs we decided to go for an explore around the city.

As James was in one of his unhelpful moods (every cafe we saw he didnt want to go in there) and as by this time it was coming upto Evies dinner time I decided that we could go into Pizza Hut for something to eat.

The meal was horrible and the staff were very unhelpful!

I was worried to say the least that the rest of the eating establishments were going to be so bad...

After our horrible dinner I looked on my loan phone for the nearest Starbucks and found that there was one in the high street...

James was then a little happier and we found a supermarket and bought a few bits to keep us going.

James Mum & Dad came to Bath too (although they traveled up by train and stayed in a hotel).

The next day we did a couple of sightseeing bus tours then went off and had lunch at Giraffe (as it was near to where the bus tour ended).

I ordered for Evie the sausage mash and beans (because she has sausage and mash at home) and all she wanted to eat was my chips that came with my burger!

Before doing the bus tours we went to Sally Lunns House and I had the bun with cinnamon butter ;o).

That evening James brother & Sister in Law and their three kids came to meet up with us as they live just outside of the City.

Every restaurant we walked past someone (not me or James mind) didnt fancy it and we ended up going to Cafe Rouge.

Hee hee out of all the kids Evie was the best behaved...

...she did better with eating her dinner (because we got her something with chips and got the beans substituted for vegetables).

And she ate all of her dessert of ice cream strawberries and strawberry sauce (James was worried that Evie would be climbing the walls having something sugary that close to dinner time).

the next part coming to a pc near you soon ;o)

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Gosh, your apartment looks lovely.
I've never been to Bath before, doubt we'll ever get there somehow.
James sounds just like me, I have unhelpful moods too :-) Luckily Martyn doesn't like Pizza so I've no need to steer clear of Pizza Hut. You should think about complaining as the the meal and service were bad.
Your in laws hotel looks lovely too, I see they allow pets there, I am surprised!
The sightseeing tours look good.
Can't wait for your next installment :-)

chocolat lover said...

we thought that perhaps our server was having a bad day...

The apartment was good although the high ceilings made Evies noises echo ;o)

The in-laws loved their hotel...