Sunday 10 July 2016

a lot of this and a bit of that

On Thursday I took Evie to big school and there was already a queue forming outside the EYFS classrooms...

...we were discussing what would happen in class and I thought that there would be a story, a song and drawing.

Then at 1.15pm the classroom doors were opened and the kiddies went in (well all of them apart from Evie).

So her teacher sensing her reluctance asked her if she wanted to hold his hand to go into the classroom (that made me feel happier as it shows that he is going to make an effort with her),

I am please to say there were no phone calls saying that she was really upset so that was good, and I went to pick her up at 2.45pm.

On our way home I asked her what they did there was a story and they sang the wheels on the bus (you really cant go wrong with that song) and she coloured in a triangle in pink (so I was right :)).

On Friday it was back to pre school and she said that she didnt want to go...

...so I got her dressed and we went there and as I was talking to one of he ladies there she started crying, so I gave her a kiss and a cuddle and told her that she would have fun and that I would be back after her second play in the playground.

I was talking to D her keyworker when I picked her up at home time and she said that Evie was upset on and off all day and thinks (the same as I do that starting big school is unsettling her).

Today Evie had her last tap dancing class (next week is her end of year show) and when it was time to go up with the teacher she started crying,,she went upstairs anyway and didnt end up coming down early so that was good.

James thinks that she is upset because of the show (she might be and normally she is ok once she is doing something enjoyable).

A friend of mine (her daughter is 4 days younger than Evie) said at least the unsettledness is coming now rather than when she is at school.

I know that she will settle in ok and will make loads of friends :).

3 comments:

Eileen H said...

Lots of changes happening right now.
She'll be fine when she starts school properly and makes new friends :)

The Captain said...

It's always a big deal starting proper school but it's soon sorted and you wonder what all the fuss was about.

chocolat lover said...

I know it will all be ok...

:)