Wednesday 19 July 2017

interview #10 - Alison looked the part

Yesterday I had a dinner lady interview at a church school...

...as usual I got there in plenty of time.

Once I was signed in I sat down and there was a lady sitting there (she looked very much like a dinner l was then shown around the school by one of the dinner lady supervisors.

When she took me back to reception she told me that I would be seen after Alison had her interview.

I saw Alison leave and then it was my turn.

There were 3 jobs that they were interviewing for...

..2 dinner ladies and a one on one with a kid with downs syndrome and would I be interested in considering that job also (I said yes I would).

In the Interview was the head teacher another dinner lady supervisor and a SEN leader.

As the SEN lady could only sit in for a few minutes she asked me if there were any games that I would make up to play with children?

So I told her about the sip and guess game that I play with Evie (when Im trying to get her to drink her drink when we are out), basically you take a sip of drink (or mouthful of food as it is adaptable) and then do an impression and the other person has to guess what it is :).

I was then asked by the other 2 the usual questions.

At the end of the interview I was told that they would let me know by the end of the day.

At 8.50 pm I get a phone call...

...I didnt get the job (lack of experience again) but I did come across as a lovely lady :)

3 comments:

Eileen H said...

Oh no, I'm sorry you didn't get the job. At least they let you know the same day and
yes, you are a lovely lady.

Jules said...

Oh that's a shame. A job in a school would have fitted in so well for you. Would it be possible for you to volunteer in a school for a while? Get a foot in the door so to speak. X

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - thanks :)

Jules - I will have to ask her teacher in September :)