Sunday 23 July 2017

tears and interview #11

When I picked Evie up for the last time from the Early Years gate at her school it suddenly hit me that it was the very last time I would be picking her up from there...

,,,she will no longer be in reception year :(

I think that all us Mums got a bit tearful (there was no actual sobbing) and the teaching assistants were getting tearful too.

Her teacher even gave a speech saying how proud he was of all of the kids and how he would still see them about the school and enjoying seeing them grow up.

He even gave each kid a hug on their way out and so did the teaching assistants so it was all really lovely.

I dont remember getting goodbye hugs from my teachers...

...I think they were just glad to see the back of us :)

We went to the playground on our way home and as I usually do I checked my e-mails...

...and there was an invite to another interview...

...this time for a paid job with a charity.

It is 3 and a half hours a day five days a week.

So I will have to see how it goes.

My interview is on Thursday and James will have to leave work a bit early so he can look after Evie as they didnt want to leave it to after he had finished work.

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

That's a nice ending to Evie's first school year, sounds quite emotional.
I hope your interview with the charity goes well.

chocolat lover said...

thanks...

...Im not pinning my hopes on it :)