Thursday 22 March 2018

getting things ready

Yesterday while I was helping in Evies class I was helping to get things ready for the parents evening that was last night and tonight...

...our parents evening is tonight...

I did some filing (a number colour picture of the crucifixion).

I had to put new crayons and coloured pencils in the toolboxes on the tables and put the work books in their drawers :)

Then came a teacher chat!

Her teacher thinks that Evie has some sought barrier to her learning and wants me to get her assessed :(

I have asked her teacher to write down all of the things that she feels Evie has problems with (that way I cant miss anything out).

I rang the doctors when I got home and the earliest appointment they could do is after the school holidays.

Im popping into town today anyway so I will ask the doctors if Evie needs to be at the appointment (Im hoping that she wont so she doesnt hear anything negative) and I will hopefully be able to get the assessment on its way.

I was always in the bottom classes in senior school so Evie has got my brain rather than James which is a shame.

I was a bit tearful at hearing this but at least its being picked up on now...

3 comments:

Jules said...

Try not to worry too much, although I know it's difficult when it comes to our children. I said when Lily started school that as long as she's happy and healthy then anything else is a bonus and it's true. I do feel like some teachers like to label children, but if it allows Evie to get any extra help she may (or may not) need then it could be a good thing. X

Eileen H said...

Oh Amber, don't worry too much. Evie is a happy, healthy, well-loved child and not all children excel in school. The teachers are making sure she gets the help she needs. I'm sending you a hug X

chocolat lover said...

thanks, and thanks for the hug Eileen :)