Thursday 24 May 2018

dem trees

Last night I got a text from Sky saying what time the engineer would turn up...

...my time slot was between 1,30pm and 3.30pm...

I told them that it needed to be done by 2pm when I spoke to them on messenger (so so much for the note on my account!).

I left a voicemail for the engineer explaining that I needed it done by 2.30pm at the latest, and this morning got a text message from him telling me that he couldnt change our timeslot and I was told that I would get a timeslot the night before, ans that was that.

So I tested him back and said that I explained the situation at the time of booking the appointment and they said that they would put a note on my account.

The first engineer finally tuned up at 2.15pm just as I was on the phone to the one whose number I have.  I told him that I could stay at the very latest until 2.50, but I would definitely have to leave then.

So the engineer looked at the dish and said that he thought the problem was the trees outside on the slip road that runs alongside our road.

the trees blocking the satellite signal

So they have moved the dish now and it is on a s shpaed pole at the back of our house.

Why the engineer didnt think of the trees being an issue back in February I dont know.

Once Evie had finished reading her books I got her to test the sky Q box and it works ok :)

3 comments:

Jules said...

Fingers crossed it stays OK for you. Nice trees though. X

Eileen H said...

Hopefully it's problem solved now.

chocolat lover said...

its all working now :)