Tuesday 1 May 2018

No like panini

This morning (as with every morning) I tell evie (or she reads from the menu) what her lunch is that day.

Today it was pork meatballs in a rich tomato sauce served in a panini.  Evie immediately said that the didn't want the panini so i told her it was bread and she told me that she still didn't want it.

So i said that she could then just take the meatballs out of the bread and eat them on their own.  She was happy about that.

When I picked her up this afternoon I asked her how her lunch was and she said that the dinner lady took the meatballs out of the panini for her, but next time she would like vegetarian, so i explained that the vegetarian was just different meatballs (quorn balls) and that if she didn't like those then I could always do her a packed lunch those days.

So when we got home I put all of the meatballs dates into my phone so that she could then decide nearer the time.

I then saw there was an email from school saying that there was a change to tuesdays week 3, lunch is now going to be meatballs with spaghetti and garlic bread.

It seems that the panini didn't go down well.

3 comments:

Jules said...

Your lovely girl likes what she likes. Lily won't even consider school lunches. In her mind sandwiches are for lunchtime, hot food is for dinner. 😃

Eileen H said...

My own opinion is paninis don't sound right with meatballs anyway and I can't imagine spaghetti and garlic bread being a good choice on a children's dinnertime menu.
I'm with Jules, we have sandwiches at lunchtime and a hot evening meal.

chocolat lover said...

you both have a point about sandwiches are for lunch and a hot meal at dinner time :)

As Evie is still in Infants school she gets free school lunches so I will try nd get her to have those while we dont have to pay :)