Friday 19 October 2018

first Y2 parents evening

My appointment for Evies parent teacher consultation (as they call it) was for 5.20 to look at her Maths & English books and 5.30 to speak to her teacher.

So i left home early to give me plenty of time :)

I even had to hang around for 10 mins before the classrooms were ready to look in.

I had a look through her books that I havent previously glued pages into... :)

One thing that I didnt realise is that Evie has started writing what she gets upto at the weekend (so I told James that :)).

And spent the time until the first appointment looking at the photos from the aerozone visit :)

Hee hee one Mum who has 3 (of her 5 kids) at school had a quick look through J's books and went off to the next classroom :)

It was then time to look at Evies Maths & English books and no sooner had I sat down Mr J said that he was running early so I could have my chat with him now and then look at her books in the classroom later which was fine by me :)

The chat went well (for once) he said that her English and Maths are coming on and she it on target to be where she is supposed to be by the end of the school year.

He even said that Evie was putting her hand up more to answer questions and was even getting them right :)

And the exception words spelling tests she had done, she had done well (getting just over half correct), and to try and get her to write sentences every now and again with one of the words :)

Evie also has to work on using finger spaces (which she does when I remind her) nd commas and full stops (yes I know Mum I have the same problem with them myself :)), I almost told him that but stopped myself :)

Its the start of half term today and I am going to have lunch with Evie in town :)

3 comments:

Eileen H said...

Evie's doing well and she'll be catching up so that's great news.
Enjoy lunch with Evie today and have a good half term week with her :)

Jules said...

It all sounds very positive. You must be really pleased. Lily's is in a couple of weeks, I booked my slot yesterday. X

chocolat lover said...

Yes we are pleased :)

Jules - Im sure Lilys will be good too :)