Thursday 25 October 2018

luke warm water

the boiler saga contines :)

...yesterday morning I was doing the washing up and the water was only luke warm, so I turned the hot water on at the switch in the kitchen and nothing...

I then tried having a shower and that was luke warm water too, so I got out and turned the immersion heater on...

...it looks like needing a new boiler is on the cards.

James is blaming the gas engineer, as it couldnt be possibly be anything to do with our boiler being 23 years old! :)

3 comments:

Eileen H said...

I hate to say it but I think a new boiler may be called for. Ours was just over twenty years old and we'd been told parts were no longer available. We may have been a bit early in replacing ours but couldn't face ours breaking down and being left with no hot water and central heating in winter. I hope you can get your gas engineer out to rescue your boiler until you're ready to replace it.

Jules said...

Oh no! You have my sympathies. At least you could use the immersion heater. I have an engineer coming out to mine tomorrow. It keeps dropping pressure every few days. I could do with it being sorted before the really cold weather arrives. I don't want a repeat of last year. X

chocolat lover said...

im expecting him to say you need a new boiler so it wont be a huge shock...

Jules - I hope yours gets sorted out too :)