Sunday 26 September 2010

and I had some curry too

I hope that you are sitting down?

wait for it...

...we actually did something interesting!

...we went a-visiting ;o)

On Friday night we went to Trowbridge in Wiltshire, it was so unbelievably quiet - James loved it and was sad to come home yesterday...

...the journey up took us five hours because of roadworks and heavy traffic on the M25 - it was supposed to take three and a half hours, luckily the journey home was miles better.

Yesterday we went to Longleat the home of the Marquess of Bath. We didnt go into the house itself, we just did some of the attractions. We had a really fun day ;o)

This morning I decided to bite the bullet and to put the central heating on, as it is now getting chillier...

...we turned the heating on and nada - not a sausage - nothing...

...so we fiddled with the thermostat and it clicked on and nothing...

...we then tried turning the heating off then on again (in the hope that it would miraculously spark back into life) and the beautiful hum of the pilot light lighting didnt come.

James even tried tapping (read bashing) the pipes to see if that would do something...

...but again nowt!

As I am typing away I heard the pilot light come on but realised that it is for the hot water...

Anyhow as we have HomeCare we rang British Gas and an engineer is coming on Tuesday...

...I am so glad that we decided to put the heating on before it got really cold!

I weighed myself this morning and was expecting a massive gain as I had eaten some curry (I was only going to have a little bit but in typical Amber fashion I kept on going back for more as it was so nice and I hadnt eaten any curry in a long time), and I had only put on 100 grammes so was well pleased.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have electric room heaters http://www.compactappliance.com/MG7307CM-DeLonghi-Portable-Oil-Filled-7-Advanced-Fin-Radiator/MG7307CM,default,pd.html?cgid=Air_Quality-Heaters-Indoor_Space_Heaters

like this. We put them in each room. It takes a while to heat up, but it keeps the rooms toasty warm and you don't have to use gas. Gas is very expensive to use around here. They worked great in Tennessee. I don't think it gets very cold in Arizona, but if it does, I will unbox the heaters.

Kelly said...

lol "not a sausage"

it is always good to do things before you REALLY need to. Like, homework, turning the heat on....

Al said...

Perhaps you could use this as a reason to turn the heating on when you want to next year? If/when James complains that it's too early simply remind him of this year and all should be well. It's like testing the Christmas lights before you put them on the tree...

It's been somewhat cold here today but I have managed to resist the temptation to fire up the heating so far. Having read this though, maybe I should...

chocolat lover said...

great idea Connie - we do have a room heater luckily - we had it on last night...

Kelly - I am glad that we tested it before we REALLY needed it ;o)

Al - ironically James is the one who now feels colder than I do - the reluctance to turn the heating on was down to me!

Al said...

Ah, so it's all your fault! If you'd turned it on when it was slightly warmer you wouldn't be as cold now! :-)