Monday 4 October 2010

I was being stroppy...

As you know from this post one of my (many) pet hates is people who dont make the drinks...

...this morning one of my colleagues (the one who doesnt do his fair share) was running late, and he came in the millisecond (I am not over exaggerating either) after I had made the drinks!

If it had been anyone else then I would have offered to make a drink, but because it was this person I said "the kettle has just boiled if you want to go and make yourself one" (FYI there are some people who dont even refill let alone reboil the kettle once they have finished - and yes this is another of my hates) to which he said "no its ok". I know for a fact that he would have had one had I offered to make it...

LOL do you know that he hasnt had a drink all morning ;o)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

:D

'pet hates' <--- love this

Al said...

Hang on a second...

Refilling the kettle I get, but reboiling it as well? Maybe I'm missing something and as such would be a total office outcast but I wouldn't reboil the kettle after I'd used it.

chocolat lover said...

thanks Kelly ;o)

Al - I boil the kettle after I have refilled it so its ready for the next person...

...we use a shared kitchen with 6 other offices!

Al said...

Ah well, I suppose in that case there's always likely to be someone using it pretty much immediately after you so it makes sense!

In Tesco we have a machine that gives us hot water on demand, which saves all of the kettle politics...