Sunday 3 October 2010

a cracking alarm clock

We were doing the grocery shopping in Sainsburys this morning...

...James had done his normal thing of going off to get the stuff that makes the trolley heavy such as copious amounts of cereal and bottles of Pepsi Max...

He met up with me in the desserts aisle (I was about to pick him up two tubs of double cream), and I went off to the toilets whilst he scanned the cereal and stuff...

...on my way to the ladies (I had had two mega huge cups of tea that morning) I saw that the Christmas toys were out and even better was that they had an offer of three for the price of two.

The thing that stopped me in my tracks was a Wallace & Gromit cracking alarm clock...

When I was 9 or 10 my Mum had a ball bearing clock, I always thought that it was a super cool clock and would make a hell of a racket when it was one o'clock ;o)- James has always told me I should buy one but I never would for some bizarre reason.

...so I told James about it and he said "go and get one" so I did and before we paid for the shopping I showed him the other Christmas bits and we got a couple of presents to make use of the three for two offer.

I weighed myself this morning and despite being mega good yesterday and getting a dessert that was reasonably healthy I managed to stay exactly the same...

...it does make me wonder if I even needed to bother!

3 comments:

Al said...

Well, if you hadn't been good then you might have gained a little. Being good does have its rewards!

Also, while I'm here, how does cereal make the trolley heavy? Unless he's buying it in such massive amounts... :-)

Eileen H said...

That is a cracking alarm clock.
My hubby likes Wallace and Gromit and has got a "thing" about clocks so it's given me an idea. Unfortunately I don't have any children to buy presents for so the 3 for 2 would be a bit of a problem!

chocolat lover said...

Al - true but I didnt think that I had eaten anything particularly bad...

...with the cereal its more of a volume thing!

Eileen - glad I have given you an idea ;o)