Tuesday 5 October 2010

a waste of biogas

I was glancing up at the tv this morning (we have bbc news on in the background), and on the ticker-tape (I cant think of a better word for it) at the bottom of the screen says that a breakthrough has been made with biogas from human waste!

My question is...

...would you have to eat certain food for gases for certain items?

the most obvious thing I can come up with is carrots to power lights (because carrots help you to see in the dark), and runner beans to power cars (because *snigger* it will make them run) ;o).

Less obvious is baked potatoes to power the oven.

Can you think of anything better?

2 comments:

Al said...

I can't think of anything better right now, but I wanted to express my happiness that:

a) There's a Wikipedia article about human waste

and:

b) You linked to it!

chocolat lover said...

I was surprised on the human waste article too ;o)

And I had a thought that runner beans could power treadmills - that little gem came while having a tinkle this morning ;o)