Thursday 26 December 2013

our christmas day

As with Evies birthday presents (which she opened only just over a week ago) she loved ripping off the wrapping paper ;o).

Evie even bought James a christmas present, he let Evie open it for him but she took so long that he ended up having a shower so she gave it to him once he was dressed ;o)  He is even wearing a pair of them today ;o)

The presents that I asked my friends for were all hits as well as some extra ones she got too ;o)

Chrisrtmas dinnerwise I cheated like I normally do ;o)

I bought...

a stuffed turkey joint (despite my Mum telling me that it is dead easy to cook a turkey and all you have to do is calculate the time per pound with the weight).

ready prepared duck fat roast potatoes (and I added another lump of duck fat just to ensure that they ended up crispy) ;o)

and the sage & onion stuffing was ready prepared too ;o)

so all I had to do was stick them in the oven and use my kitchen timer app and even James said that dinner turned out ok.

Evie had some roast potato and stuffing but didnt seem to be enamored with it!

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Glad your day went well.
Your Mum is right, it's so easy to cook a turkey. I've noticed they've started putting the cooking time on the wrapper now. I don't stuff mine as
husband doesn't like stuffing, I make mine separate in a bowl. Can't imagine Evie liking stuffing either, it's an acquired taste just like sprouts :-)

chocolat lover said...

I suppose it takes time to like stuffing ;o)