Wednesday 4 December 2013

the lure of the gift voucher

Yesterday we were in Marks & Spencer buying James present from Evie ;o)

While I was at the counter I saw a sign about their calendars saying "that they had printed the wrong date for fathers day (on calendars bought before the end of October) and you would get a full refund plus a £5 gift voucher as a way of saying sorry"  So knowing that I had bought the very hungry caterpillar family organiser (but wasnt sure when) I rushed home to see if I had one of the wrong calendars.

So I got home (left Evie asleep in her buggy) and quickly opened up the calendar to June and sure enough the date was wrong!


The question was did I really want to keep thecalendar when I could get something else and get a £5 gift voucher in the process...

...the lure of the gift voucher won ;o)

So I texted James to ask him to try and get me another one (or something that I would like) and sure enough they didnt have any very hungry caterpillar (it doesnt even appear on their website now either) so James got me this one instead, so I looked at June and sure enough the date was right ;o)


here is Evie yesterday in a Christmas top with her advent calendar ;o)


2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Well done on getting your gift voucher. Father's Day is such an important date too, makes you wonder how they got it wrong :-)
Evie is looking lovely as always.
So far Martyn and Annie have remembered to have their advent choccies every day :-)

chocolat lover said...

I will be taking the very hungry caterpillar calendar back today ;o)

Evie is still enjoying her chocolates and me too (I dont give her the chance to eat my one now ;o))