Thursday 6 February 2014

raining wisdom

Yesterday as James was leaving for work he told me that heavy rain was forecast, so if I didnt want to come into town that would be ok...

...so yesterday morning I checked on yahoo weather and it said that there was a 40% chance of rain at 1 pm so I checked the 15 minute details and it said that it would start at 1.45 pm.

That meant that if I was really organised I could get home before it started to rain (in theory anyway).

So after Evie had finished her lunch of orzo pasta salad and her milky bar dessert and I had finished my skinny latte we headed home (after I had availed myself of the facilities that is).

We had just left the High Street when Evie said "lie back" meaning that she wanted to go to sleep, so I pulled out her raincover and my pacamac and put them on top of the hood.

And sure enough when we were three quarters of teh way home it started to rain, so I sorted out Evies raincover then put on my poncho ;o)

And I got home at 1.25 pm so the rain was about half an hour early!

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

We've been noticing too that the weather forecasts are getting very accurate just lately!

chocolat lover said...

technology is great in that way ;o)