Sunday 23 February 2014

ooohhhh laaaa laaaaa

On Friday we received our copy in the post of City Life (a free newspaper for the residents of Chelmsford ;o)

James was reading through it and said that the Tour de France is going to pass through Chelmsford!

Just reading the BBC article I see that they are going to pass through Braintree and Epping Forest too ;o)

Perhaps while in Braintree they may pop into Freeport for some bargains ;o)  But make sure you put locks on your bikes first in case they get nicked!  And get sold on Ebay as "gen-ewe-ine tour de france memorabilia"

I havent been to Epping Forest since I was a kid when my Dad took us there, if I was one of the riders I would be worried about Dck Turpins ghost ;o)

I booked the panto tickets and they arrived Saturday, not only did the thieving b@stards charge a £1.50 booking fee but they also charged 60p for the postage too!

I know that I could have saved £2.10 by going to the box office in person but I really couldnt be arsed ;o)

Oh and it looks like I havent been picked as a giver this year for World Book Night - oh well...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

My husband loves the Tour! He would give anything to see it one day. Do you think you guys will go?

chocolat lover said...

I doubt that we will go...

...Im sure that there will be more info nearer the time as to which part of Chelmsford it will be in.

Wherever it is its bound to be really busy & lol Evie doesnt have much patience at the best of times ;o)

The Captain said...

The grande depart takes place in Yorkshire and I've already booked my leave to go and watch. It comes within a mile of my house but still haven't chosen the best spots to go and watch. I always wanted to go and watch the tour one day, I never thought it would come to me. I'm also playing with the idea of going down to London to watch stage 3.

chocolat lover said...

Kirt - that will be great for you ;o)

If you do go down to London its probably best to book your hotel room now - as they are bound to get booked up nearer the time!

The Captain said...

My mother in law lives 40 minutes by train from the capital so it's an ideal base. I'd hate to think how much they'll be charging for hotels on that day!

chocolat lover said...

Kirt - that is very handy for you ;o)