Friday 23 May 2014

do they come with free recipe cards?

Yesterday James & me went for our eye tests...

...it was done in three parts (with the other person looking after Evie)...

...part one was the puffer test James one was ok but I kept on jumping back and they couldnt get a reading , so they ended up doing it again (during part three of the test).

...part two was the eye chart and looking into the back of the eye, interestingly enough the optician had an eye phone (get it) and was able to bring up the eye chart with her phone ;o)  I wonder if its an app that has to be paid for?  I have just looked on google play (as I have an android phone) and have found this free one (I am going to install it ;o)

...part three was the field of vision test (and they redid the puffer test too) I told the person doing it that they should use a head restraint and that would stop me from moving ;o)

During part two (the actual eye test) I was told that the vision in one eye had improved and the vision in the other eye had got slightly worse...

...and wait for it!

I need to wear READING GLASSES!

The lady doing my eye test also mentioned the white patches under my eye which is a sign of high cholesterol - I had completely forgotten that I had the health check done two years ago, so will have a look online to see what foods are low in cholesterol and will try and talk James into getting some Benecol

hee hee I have just downloaded this app ;o)

the eye test app in my phone directory

the eye test app

Does needing reading glasses make me officially middle aged?  I certainly dont feel or act middle aged! which I suppose is the main thing ;o)

Thinking about it I have (even in the past few days) taken photos of things that I cant make out the writing on so that I can zoom in better!  I know its just a modern taker on a magnifying glass.

Now it was time to chose my glasses (as I need two pairs now) they did have vouchers for £90 off the second frame (so that was going to bring down the cost a bit).

I was told that because of my high prescription to stick to small frames...

I then found the Heston Blumenthal frames and even better they were 2 for 1 ;o)

So I have picked these for my main pair and these for my reading pair ;o)

I must practice saying "sorry, I havent got my reading glasses on" to stop the annoying market researchers and "Ive just got to put my reading glasses on" when looking at menus or the like.

Then I had to chose how much I wanted to spend on the lenses I had a choice of three...

...I could stick with the lens thickness that I have already which has come down slightly in price, or I could go for a thinner version for the price I had paid last time or go for the super duper extra thin lenses that the shop has never ordered before!

I decided to stick with the cheapest option as I was happy with the thickness of them ;o)

James never showed me the frames that he went for but I did see him trying on some Ali G type frames (I hope he was just trying them on just to show Evie ;o).

It then came to paying for the glasses and because my prescription has now gone past a certain level I got my eye test for free, and I also got £14.40 off of the price of my reading glasses ;o)

Our glasses should be ready in two weeks ;o)

No comments: