Thursday 15 May 2014

extremely long sighted

Yesterday we had an eye appointment for Evie.

The optician lady had a sheet of shapes to make sure that Evie recognised them, and then she stood on the other side of the room with a flip book first of all showing large and medium sized pictures (which Evie did recognise).  Then when it came to the tiny ones Evie didnt say anything and then only recognised them when she was back in front of her.

We are now waiting for an appointment at the hospital so they can do eye tests with eye drops just to make sure that her eyes are healthy inside and to establish just how long sighted she is.

She said that Evie was extremely long sighted and I am classed as very long sighted!

I was feeling bad about Evie inheriting my bad eyesight and then I thought to myself hang on she could have been born with a hole in her heart and need to go through a VSD closure.

So all in all Im glad that she only needs to wear glasses ;o)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Exactly! Glasses will make it all better. And, I'm sure she has inherited fabulous things from you, as well. :) It's natural to feel like that as a parent.

Eileen H said...

I always wondered how they tested eyesight in young children. Oh yes, Evie is beautiful, happy and healthy so don't worry about her eyesight.

I inherited my very poor eyesight from my Dad and wore glasses from being in primary school. It's never upset me in the slightest!

chocolat lover said...

you are both right ;o)