Tuesday 21 October 2014

us mums still talk btw

Yesterday at the end of Tumble Tots they were handing out completion certificates for the children being moved upto the next class (the 3 to school age in our case), in the next class the Mums and Dads (and grandparents in some kids cases) get to sit and watch while the kids do it on their own ;o)

One of he children being moved up is 2 days younger than Evie (and her Mum is 3 weeks from her due date of baby #2 which I think is the main reason for her being moved up early).

So after they had handed out the certificates she asked me if Evie was moving up to (this was the same Mum who told me that her daughter was starting in the 2-3 class just after Christmas) and another Mum (whose child again has been moved up is a few days older than Evie), so I said that they hadnt mentioned anything to me about it!

So while I was putting Evies shoes and socks back on (they do it in bare feet so that they have a better grip of climbing up ladders etc) I was chatting to another Mum (her Sons birthday isnt until Jamuary) and he hasnt been moved up either yet.

So as we were walking out I casually mentioned to the person who runs it that kids with birthdays around the same time as Evie were being moved up but Evie hadnt and she said that it was because Evies birthday is right at the end of term but she will be moved up after Christmas.

I decided not to press the issue as I wasnt expecting Evie to be moved on up anyway.

I mentioned it to James and he thought that I should have said "but M is younger than Evie" as he doesnt believe that there should be any "favouritism".

I on the other hand would like to think that if it was the other way around that they would have done the same thing for me.

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Doesn't seem fair really, but there was a reason, never mind!

chocolat lover said...

it is a bit unfair on Evie, but she will move up after Christmas ;o)