Thursday 27 November 2014

the lure of a kids milk

On Tuesday morning (following the oven almost blowing up - ok Im being a touch over dramatic) I told Evie that we were going to go and buy a new oven ;o)

I measured the space that our oven is occupying and looked through the ovens on Currys website and because there is a little storage area under the oven there is only one brand that will fit the area.

So we went to Currys and I found the ovens but typically they didnt have the one in there that I liked the look of (but I had written down the dimensions and the product codes) so I told the lady serving me and she found the product and said that they had plenty in stock ;o)

She tried to get me to buy their care package for £50 for 5 years (it includes 5 valets also) I said "no thank you" as the oven has a steam cleaning function on it ;o)  I had a look at the website and it says that I have 12 months to take it out if we change our mind ;o)

Now it came to delivery...

...I told her that Tuesdays and Thursdays work best for me as we have Tumble Tots on Monday and Pre School on Wednesday and Friday and typically they only deliver to my area on Wednesday, Friday or Sunday!  So I ended up opting for a Sunday delivery/installation.

It is being delivered next Sunday ;o)

So after we had finished I asked Evie if she wanted to go for a drink or go home and she said that she wanted to have a drink so we went into Costa and she had a kids milk and I had a gingerbread and cream latte ;o)  I wanted to try their sticky toffee latte but they had run out of the syrup.

I got us (or rather Evie) a bag of mini muffins and she ate all three of the double chocolate ones while we were in there!

I asked Evie while were enjoying our drinks what we should cook as the first thing in the new oven and she said bananas for monkey ;o)

Talking of Pre School Evie was crying again yesterday and she started crying again when we got there and one of the ladies picked her up when we got there and gave her a cuddle...

... when I went to pick her up I was told that she had been upset on and off and was clingy and that she might be coming down with something.

She was ok yesterday apart form doing a squidgy poop and we asked her if her tummy hurt and she said no it didnt and she seems ok this morning too.

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Glad you've got your oven sorted for Sunday. They are very persistent with their care packages in there, tried all ways to get me to have one on a television recently! Like you I said no more than once :)

I had a large gingerbread and cream latte in Llandudno's Costa the other day, loved the little gingerbreadman they stuck in the cream... nice:-)

chocolat lover said...

its actually coming next Sunday...

...I sneakily ate my gingerbread man as Evie was munching her chocolate muffins ;o)