Tuesday 17 April 2018

annoying the teacher

Yesterday when I picked Evie up from school I told her teacher that we had the appointment and she is being referred to see a pediatrician.

I told her that we went to the appointment with loads of evidence to disprove what she wrote, and I said you probably expected us to do that anyway, and she said that she didnt, and made out that by doing that we were standing in the way of her getting the help that she may need!

I said that if she needs help then I want her to have it, and told her how well Evie did on the last Wednesday I was in, and she then said that today (yesterday) she was having trouble counting in tens.  We went through them when we got home and she counted them fine.

I then said that I understood why she put what she put in the letter as something may be a "crucial key bit of information" but some of the stuff we didnt agree with and wanted to show the doctor what she can do.

We then said that she probably wont get her appointment until the summer break anyway but will have to see what they say.

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

I would be doing the same as you in this situation if you know some statements are untrue. I think teachers think they know best. I have first hand experience of a teacher
interfering, not that it's the same case here for you. You both want what's best for Evie and she will get the help she needs. Try not to worry x

Jules said...

Like Eileen says, try not to worry. I'm sure the teacher has Evies best interests at heart, even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment. X